If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cardamom Rose Rice Pudding
- RawSpiceBar’s Rose Cardamom Spices
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 9 cardamom pods
- 2/3 cup basmati rice
- sprinkle of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rose water
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon water
- pistachios, to top
- 1. In a medium saucepan, mix coconut milk with cardamom pods and vanilla bean. Make sure to open the vanilla bean and scrape all of the vanilla-y goodness into the milk mixture. Heat this mixture on high/medium heat until almost boiling. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight to allow the spices to infuse.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3. In a baking dish, mix rice with the spicy milk mixture. Add a pinch of salt and stir. Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes. Stir and cook for 30 more minutes.
- 4. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 5. Make a quick syrup by mixing agave nectar with rosewater and regular water.
- 6. You can serve the pudding warm or chilled, depending on what you fancy. Before you dig in, top with the rosewater syrup and pistachios.