If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Berbere-Spiced Red Lentils With Yogurt —RawSpiceBar
- RawSpiceBar’s Berbere Spices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 thumb fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon berbere spice
- 1 cup red lentils
- 14 ounces fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Greek yogurt & cilantro, to garnish
- 1. In a medium saucepan, saute the shallot and ginger in the olive oil over medium heat until the shallot is soft. Add the garlic and the berbere spice, stir to combine. Add the lentil and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the tomatoes and broth, bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer, covered, until the lentil are soft, about 25 minutes. Stir occasionally and if the lentils are drying out add more liquid. Salt and pepper to taste and serve with a dollop of yogurt and garnish with cilantro.
- 2. This would be super with some injera or naan bread, which I really shouldn’t think about, as today is another fast day … wish me luck.