Author Notes: My 12 year old daughter invented this recipe when our favorite gyro restaurant closed... —kimkraze
• 1 1/2
pounds 85% lean ground beef
pinches salt & pepper
Lg. onion rolls
cup cucumber sauce (store brand OR shredded cucumber, greek yogurt, garlic, salt & pepper to taste)
pieces crisp romaine lettuce
ounces crumbled feta cheese
ounces Kalamata olives, chopped
ounces roasted red pepper strips
Lg. red onion, thinly sliced
- Heat grill or pan to medium-high.
- Form ground beef into 4, 12 oz. patties. Season with salt and pepper. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes per side (med. well), or to your taste.
- While burgers are cooking, place romaine lettuce on bottom half of bun.
- Add a layer of cucumber sauce.
- Carefully mound 1 ½ oz. crumbled feta on top of cucumber sauce.
- Next place a hot juicy burger on top of the crumbled cheese.
- Top with thinly sliced onions.
- Roasted pepper strips.
- And the chopped olives.
- Add another spoonful of cucumber sauce to taste.
- Put your bun tops on.
- Serve with crispy french fries tossed with smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers