If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This delicious pork recipe is a crowd pleaser that will delight even the most picky eater!
—Kitchen Craft Cookware
- 1 pound single pork top loin roast
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 12 ounces sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup beef or vegetable broth
- 2 cups torn fresh kale
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice or orange juice
- 1 medium pear, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons roasted salted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Trim fat from roast and brown on all sides on stove top. Once browned, remove and allow to slightly cool.
- Prepare rub for pork- In a small bowl combine 3/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper, the crushed red pepper, and ginger.
- Once cool enough to handle, rub pork all over with the garlic and sprinkle spice mixture evenly over the pork. Set aside.
- Prepare sweet potatoes by drizzling 1 tbsp. of the oil, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Toss well
- Pour broth on bottom of slow cooker, then add the sweet potatoes and top with pork. Cook on high 6-8 hours
- Once fully cooked, prepare salad. In a large bowl combine kale and spinach. In a small screw-top jar combine vinegar, pomegranate juice, 1 tbsp. oil, 1/8 tsp. salt , and 1/8 tsp. black pepper. Cover and shake well. Drizzle over greens; toss to coat. Divide greens among four serving plates
- Thinly slice the pork; place slices on salads along with the sweet potatoes. Top with pear, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds.