If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Moreish almond cookies filled with sticky apricot jam. This is also a great recipe to make with the kids! —Teresa Ulyate
- 100 grams butter
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 teaspoons almond essence
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 milliliters smooth apricot jam
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy. Add the egg and almond essence and mix in.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix to form a dough.
- Take heaped teaspoonfuls of the dough and roll them into balls. Arrange the balls on the tray, then gently press the centre of each ball with your thumb to make a small hole.
- Fill the holes with apricot jam (about 1/4 teaspoon per cookie). Bake for 8 minutes, then turn the tray 180 degrees and bake for a further 8 minutes or until the edges are starting to go golden. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
More Great Recipes: Cookies