Author Notes: Moreish almond cookies filled with sticky apricot jam. This is also a great recipe to make with the kids! —Teresa Ulyate
cup castor sugar
cup light brown sugar
teaspoons almond essence
teaspoon baking powder
milliliters smooth apricot jam
In This Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy. Add the egg and almond essence and mix in.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix to form a dough.
- Take heaped teaspoonfuls of the dough and roll them into balls. Arrange the balls on the tray, then gently press the centre of each ball with your thumb to make a small hole.
- Fill the holes with apricot jam (about 1/4 teaspoon per cookie). Bake for 8 minutes, then turn the tray 180 degrees and bake for a further 8 minutes or until the edges are starting to go golden. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.