If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Peanut butter cereal treats covered with a layer of eggless cookie dough on a stick and dipped in chocolate. —RaChelle Hubsmith
Peanut butter cereal treat layer
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup karo syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 cups corn flakes
Eggless Cookie dough
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon mexican vanilla
- 14 ounces condensed sweetened milk
- 2 cups flour
- 5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2.5 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 16 popsicle sticks
- For the cereal treats: In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine sugar, syrup, and peanut butter until runny. Stir constantly. Remove from heat and stir in corn flakes until well coated. Press in a 9x13 pan lined with parchment paper. Place in refrigerator until ready to spread next layer.
- For the cookie dough: Beat the sugar and butter until fluffy. Add the vanilla, flour, and milk. Stir in the 1 cup chocolate chips. Spread over the the cereal layer. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from freezer cut into 16 rectangles. Melt remaining chocolate chips and shortening in a heat safe bowl in the microwave 30 seconds at a time. Stir in between heating. Dip popsicle stick in chocolate and insert in each rectangle. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes. Remove one rectangle at a time from the freezer. Dip in chocolate, and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Chill until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts