If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With fresh corn off the cob, red onion, jalapeños & cilantro. Fresh, sweet and flavorful… It’s sunshine in a bowl! —Holly
- 6 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 cup small-diced red onion (about 1/2 a large red onion)
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, rough chopped
- 4 jalapeño peppers finely diced (seeds removed)
- 2-3 tablespoons honey or agave nectar. The amount of honey needed is directly related to the sweetness of the corn! Sweeter corn will require less honey.
- In a large pot of boiling water (I add sugar to ensure sweetness), cook the corn for 5 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off the cob, cutting close enough to the cob to remove the kernels but not so close that you remove the husk with it.
- Toss the kernels in a large bowl with the red onions, jalapeño peppers, cilantro, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Taste and then start adding the honey or agave nectar as desired. The sweetness should balance out the vinegar.
- Make a few hours a head so the flavors infuse together. Chill and serve cold or leave out and serve at room temperature.