If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious Labor Day cookout recipe brought to you from Medifast’s new Simply Well™: An Everyday, Healthy Cookbook. —Food52User1
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces crumbled, reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 10 Kalamata olives, chopped and pitted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound 95 – 97% lean ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, cut into eight bun-sized pieces
- Chop half of the cucumber into small pieces, and place in a small bowl. Slice remaining cucumber into thin slices for sandwiches, and set aside. Add remaining sauce ingredients to small bowl, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine burger ingredients. Add chicken, and mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four burger patties.
- Moisten a paper towel with oil, and, using cooking tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Add burgers, and grill covered, over medium heat, until a meat thermometer reads 165° F (about 5 to 7 minutes on each side).
- Serve on iceberg lettuce “buns” with tomato slices, remaining cucumber, and sauce.