If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious Labor Day cookout recipe brought to you from Medifast’s new Simply Well™: An Everyday, Healthy Cookbook. —Food52User1
- 1/4 chopped jalapeño pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 12.5-oz can low-sodium chicken breast (in water), drained
- 6 ounces avocado, mashed
- 1/2 cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 cups shredded, low-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 24 mini bell peppers, halved with stem, seeds, and membranes removed
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Sauté the diced jalapeño in a lightly greased skillet until tender.
- Mix the jalapeño, chicken, avocado, yogurt, one cup of cheese, and chili powder in a medium bowl.
- Arrange the mini bell peppers in a single layer in a large casserole dish. Fill with chicken mixture, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and broil until cheese has melted, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions and serve with salsa, if desired.