If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This delicious side dish is wonderful with grilled meats and it also makes an excellent salad topper or taco filling. I've been making this for ever. —jennyem
- 1/2 yellow onion - minced
- 1 lg red bell pepper
- 1 lg green bell pepper
- 1 med zucchini squash
- 2 med yellow summer squash
- 2 ears fresh corn kernals
- 1 handful fresh cilantro - chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- splashes canola oil
- combine all spices and mix well
- saute onion over med-high heat in canola oil till just softened - season with s & p
- add-in diced red and green bell peppers - sautee till softened (about 5 minutes) give it an occasional stir or toss
- add-in diced squash along with the spice mixture and sautee till softened (about 5 minutes more) and give it an occasional stir or toss.
- add-in fresh corn kernals - reduce heat to medium - sautee for a couple of minutes
- add-in fresh cilantro and toss/stir to incorporate - cook till just softened (2 minutes or so)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn Recipe