If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up with a huge garden, we had many varieties of vegetables, including squash. As a child, I loved Acorn Squash and really thought that was the only squash in the world! Today, we have so many choices and I have a new love, Delicato Squash! This is one of many ways I enjoy it. —BerryBaby
10 oz. each Delicato Squash
Salt and Pepper
- Wash the squash in cool water, dry thoroughly.
- Cut the squash in halves, lengthwise, clean out seeds and discard seeds.
- Brush the cut side of the squash with olive oil, coating entire surface.
- Sprinkle cut side with salt and pepper.
- Place squash halves, CUT SIDE DOWN in baking dish and cover with foil.
- 400 degree oven bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and turn squash over, CUT SIDE UP.
- Bake until flesh is starting to brown around the edges about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and set aside.
Onion Apple Stuffing
cup White Onion
cup Granny Smith (or Jonagold) Apple
cup Fresh Lemon Juice
tablespoons Salted Butter
Salt and Pepper
- Dice onions into 1" pieces. Set aside.
- Dice apple into 1" pieces and toss with lemon juice to coat all the pieces. (Apple skin may be peeled or left on depending on your preference.)
- Melt butter in skillet on medium heat and add onion. Saute until translucent.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add a bit more butter, if needed, and add apples.
- Sautee apples until starting to brown slightly. They should be firm and not too soft.
- Return onion to pan and toss with the apples.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off heat and let it rest on the stove.
- Using a fork, fluff the flesh of the squash, leaving it in the squash shell.
- Evenly spoon the Onion Apple Stuffing on top of the fluffed squash flesh.
- Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory (Winter) Squash Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weeknight Roast