If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Autumn at its most mouthwatering and versatile. —Jessica Volz
Makes approximately 20 blinis (depending on how large you choose to make them)
- 1 cup pureed butternut (or kabocha) squash
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Manchego or crumbled Monte Enebro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup flour
- olive or canola oil for frying
- Combine the squash, eggs and cheese in a medium-sized bowl and mix vigorously.
- In another bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients to the squash mixture and mix until stiff. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Remove batter from the refrigerator and form into half-dollar sized blinis.
- Fry the blinis on a griddle until golden brown on each side. Remove from the heat and cool before topping with a cornucopia of possibilities (romesco sauce and shrimp, creme fraiche and lox, caviar, etc.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory (Winter) Squash Recipe