Author Notes: Autumn at its most mouthwatering and versatile. —Jessica Volz
Makes: approximately 20 blinis (depending on how large you choose to make them)
cup pureed butternut (or kabocha) squash
cup grated Manchego or crumbled Monte Enebro
teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
cup almond flour
olive or canola oil for frying
In This Recipe
- Combine the squash, eggs and cheese in a medium-sized bowl and mix vigorously.
- In another bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients to the squash mixture and mix until stiff. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Remove batter from the refrigerator and form into half-dollar sized blinis.
- Fry the blinis on a griddle until golden brown on each side. Remove from the heat and cool before topping with a cornucopia of possibilities (romesco sauce and shrimp, creme fraiche and lox, caviar, etc.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory (Winter) Squash Recipe