If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious wholesome bake to make with the kids these holidays. —Teresa Ulyate
Makes 22cm loaf cake
- 2 large eggs
- 200 milliliters castor sugar
- 100 grams butter, melted
- 150 milliliters milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup wheat bran
- 1 cup dried cake mix (raisins, sultanas, etc.)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Grease a 22cm loaf tin and line the base with some baking paper.
- Beat the eggs and castor sugar together for a minute or two, until pale and creamy. Add the melted butter, milk and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the bran and cake mix. Mix until everything is just combined.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before removing and slicing.