If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A variety of freshly roasted vegetables, bedded between a gluten free toasted Caibatta roll and layered with cream cheese, fresh whole basil leaves, kosher salt and ground pepper. Store the roasted vegetables in a sealed glass jar with some olive oil, and make sandwiches all week long. —Froment Free
Makes 4-5 sandwiches
- 4 Whole bell peppers - green, yellow, orange, red
- 1 Eggplant
- Gluten Free Ciabatta Rolls
- 1 packet Cream cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- 1 pinch Ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees on convection roast.
- On a sided baking sheet, spread and lay vegetables on their sides, not touching.
- Roast vegetables in oven for a total of 40 minutes like so: After first ten minutes, turn veggies. After next ten minutes, turn again, then turn heat down to 450 degrees. Repeat two more ten minute, then turn increments. This will total 40 minutes. Veggies should be blackened and shrunken, but still in tact.
- After allotted time, turn off heat, remove tray with vegetables and cover with foil.
- Let vegetables rest for 30 minutes covered, on tray.
- Take out cream cheese from fridge and let sit on counter.
- When vegetables are cooled, uncover foil and one by one and begin peeling outer layers.
- This part is messy and takes a bit of time. Peel outer layers, then split peppers in half, discarding center and seeds. Discard skin layers as well.
- For eggplant, you can discard some seeds and keep flesh and layers.
- Lay roasted vegetables flat on a plate or two, lined with paper towels.
- Toast ciabatta halves until warm and crispy.
- Spread cream cheese on each bread slice thickly.
- Layer fresh whole basil on each bread slice, atop cream cheese. Press in basil.
- On one bread slice, place layers of sliced veggies: green, red, yellow pepper, then eggplant.
- Sprinkle kosher salt and ground pepper atop roasted vegetables.
- Sandwich together, get some napkins, and dig in. Please Note: Come up for air.
- *Oven temps and times may vary. Please watch peppers carefull
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Now and Later