If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: CARAWAY SOFT PRETZELS —RawSpiceBar
- 1 packet RawSpiceBar’s Caraway Fennel & Anise,
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 1 piece egg, mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup milk
- 14 grams dry active yeast
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese (optional)
- In a small pot over medium heat, combine milk and butter. Stir until combined. Separately, sprinkle the yeast over the warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and RawSpiceBar’s Caraway, Fennel & Anise.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry and knead dough for about 10 minutes. Dough should be soft and almost sticky.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces. Shape each piece into a pretzel. Move pretzels to a dark, warm place and let the pretzels rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Just before baking, brush pretzels with egg wash and sprinkle with cheese, remaining RawSpiceBar Caraway, Fennel & Anise Bread and salt.
- Bake the pretzels for about 10 minutes at 485℉. Let cool on a wire rack and serve and enjoy!