If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tender chicken thighs in a creamy lemon and rosemary sauce, and all ready in under an hour. Dinner sorted! —Teresa Ulyate
- drizzle of olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs (about 600g)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 100 grams diced bacon
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons very finely chopped rosemary
- 1/4 cup marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 300 milliliters chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a griddle pan. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and cook over a high heat to brown on both sides. Leave them for a good few minutes so that they are well browned, then set aside.
- Melt the butter in a deep saucepan over a medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic, then add the mushrooms and bacon. Cook for a few minutes before stirring in the flour and rosemary.
- Stir in the masala wine and lemon juice. Add the chicken stock and cream and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken thighs back to the pan. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through. The chicken can be turned over halfway through.
- Check the seasoning then serve with rice, potatoes or roasted veggies.