If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This chocolate mousse ticks a lot of boxes - it's sugar free, gluten free, vegan and - most importantly - delicious! Only four ingredients, this is definitely one to try! —Teresa Ulyate
- 1 tightly packed cup chopped pitted dates (about 200g)
- 1 x 400ml can coconut cream, left in the fridge overnight
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pop the dates in a small bowl and cover with one cup (250ml) of boiling water. Leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- The coconut cream should have separated overnight. Carefully scoop the thick cream into a large mixing bowl. (You can discard the water or keep it for another dish.) Beat the cream for a minute or two until it forms stiff peaks.
- Discard 3-4 tablespoons of liquid from the soaking dates. Use a stick blender or food processor to whizz the dates into a smooth purée. Add the date purée to the cream. Sift in the cocoa powder and add the vanilla extract.
- Gently stir the ingredients together until combined and smooth. Spoon the mousse into ramekins or glasses and pop in the fridge until chilled and set.