If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Jaljeera (pictured in the front of the photograph above) is an Indian beverage that aids in digestion, prevents nausea, and stimulates appetite especially in the sultry, humid weather condition of India. —Annada Rathi
Makes 2 glasses
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 35 mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt
- 1 to 2 pinches fresh black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon amchoor (raw mango powder)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- Toast cumin seeds in a skillet for 5 to 6 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the toasted cumin and all the other ingredients to a blender. Make sure you blend everything to a fine paste. Some people prefer sugar in jaljeera. Please try this recipe with or without sugar and decide for yourself.
- Add 2 glasses of water (about 16 ounces) to this paste. If you prefer a smooth drink, run this mix through a sieve. Chill before serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: