If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Soft, dense almond tart is one of my childhood favourites, and makes the perfect partner for your morning cuppa —Teresa Ulyate
Makes 24 squares
- 220 grams butter, softened
- 180 grams castor sugar
- 80 grams marzipan, grated
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¼ teaspoons almond essence
- 300 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 25 x 15cm baking tin and line the base with paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until combined. Mix in the marzipan.
- Add the egg and almond essence and mix to combine. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until everything comes together.
- Gently press the dough into the baking tin. Use a fork to mark lines on the surface of the dough down the length of the pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan and cutting into squares.