If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious beef sliders with the added bonus of three veggies hidden inside. The kids will love these! —Teresa Ulyate
For the beef and veggie patties:
- 350 grams lean beef mince
- 1/2 onion (about 75g), very finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot (about 100g), finely grated
- 1 small courgette (about 60g), finely grated with skin on
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- sunflower oil for frying
- 8 cocktail rolls
- fresh lettuce leaves
- 8 small slices of tomato
- 8 slices of cheese
- your favourite sauces
- Place the beef mince and onion in a large mixing bowl. Squeeze the grated carrot and courgette gently to get rid of any excess liquid, then add to the bowl with the herbs, breadcrumbs and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to mix everything together very well until everything is combined. Divide the mixture into 8 equal balls and shape each ball into a patty.
- Heat a little sunflower oil in a griddle pan or frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the patties for 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- To assemble: cut the cocktail rolls in half and top with with some fresh lettuce, a slice of tomato, the cooked patty, a slice of cheese and your favourite sauce. Serve with sweet potato fries.