If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: New Mexican vegetarian Posole using our freshly ground chile powder blend of New Mexican chili peppers, ancho and guajillo chiles and arbol chiles. —RawSpiceBar
- 1 tablespoon RawSpiceBar’s Ground Chiles
- 1 tablespoon RawSpiceBar’s Cumin & Oregano Rub
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 pieces medium carrots, diced
- 14.5 ounces fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- To a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil. When hot, add the onion and salt. Sauté until translucent, 3-4 minutes. Stir in RawSpiceBar’s Ground Chiles, RawSpiceBar’s Cumin & Oregano Rub and salt & pepper to taste. Cook, stirring constantly, until spices are fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add the poblano peppers, zucchini and carrots, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the hominy and beans to the pot. Stir to warm through and then add the tomatoes and vegetable broth. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the lime juice and season to taste with additional salt and RawSpiceBar’s ground red chile if desired.