If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chicken strips cooked in garlic, soy sauce and honey and served with cashew jasmine rice. On the table in 30 minutes! —Teresa Ulyate
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 400 milliliters coconut milk
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 4 free range chicken fillets
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons raw honey
- 25 grams spring onions, sliced
- 150 grams portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- good handful of Asian baby leaf mix
- Place the jasmine rice, coconut milk and water in a pot. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and allow to simmer with the lid off for 18 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Turn off the heat, cover the pot and allow the rice to steam for a further 10 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking heat the cashews in a dry frying pan until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken fillets into thin strips about 5cm long. Place in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the garlic, soy sauce and honey. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the spring onions and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the lime juice. Stir in the Asian leaves and allow them to wilt. Remove from the heat.
- Stir the toasted cashews into the rice. Top with the chicken and serve immediately.