If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Turkish figs stuffed with orange and flaked almonds and then dipped in dark chocolate - a fabulous flavour combination! —Teresa Ulyate
Makes approximately 12
- 200 grams dried Turkish figs
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds, roughly chopped
- zest strips of 1 orange
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- Use a sharp knife to slit the figs lengthways. Do not cut them all the way through as you want the top and bottom to remain attached.
- Push a large pinch of flaked almonds and three strands of orange zest into each fig. Gently press the top and bottom of the fig together.
- Melt the dark chocolate. Dip each fig in the chocolate and place on a piece of baking paper. Set the figs aside until the chocolate has set, then store in an airtight container.