If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Orzo pasta, grilled chicken, sweet onion, slivered almonds and dates salad with creamy and tangy dressing. All ingredients play so delicious harmony, —Hidemi
- 2 cups Store bought grilled diced chicken breast
- 1/4 Small-medium sweet onion, peeled
- 14-16 Dried pitted dates
- 1/4 cup Slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup Orzo pasta
- 4 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook orzo pasta followed by the directions of the package. Then drain in a colander and set aside.
- Slice onion thinly and put into a microwave-safe plate or bowl. Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds or until soft. Set aside.
- Cut each date into half-forth lengthwise (depends on the size of each date).
- Make dressing. In a large bowl, mix together balsamic vinegar, mayonnaise and olive oil.
- Put the orzo pasta into the dressing bowl. Then add chicken, onion, dates and slivered almonds to the bowl. Mix to combine. Add salt and black pepper to taste and mix to combine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates