If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: …ginger dumplings (asian style)…
Fried dumplings. I’m going to share with you the way to make dumplings from home with homemade dough. You don’t need to go to the market in order to look for the dumplings wrappers or special dough, because this recipe are incredibly easy to help you making them at home.
Dumplings are a mixture of meat and vegetables, enclosed in a wrapping of dough.
The dumplings in China are more that just food. It’s a traditional dish with a big history. —Julia Zhipa
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 pinch salt
Beef and Garlic Filling
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 piece egg
- Bring water to a boil. Then add water to flour and gently knead the dough. The dough should be smooth, but not sticky.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Pinch off about 2 tbsp of dough, and on a well floured surface, roll the dough into a sphere.
- Then use a rolling pin to roll into a rough circular shape. It should be thin.
- For the filling, mix all the ingredients in a bowl using your hand.
- Wrapping dumplings process is pretty simple. Place 1 tbsp filling into the center of the wrapper.
- Lightly sprinkle the perimeter with some water, you can use your fingers or brush. Then, fold the dough making half-moon.
- Place dumplings on a well-floured surface. When you’re finished cook immediately.
- Preheat the pan on medium-low or medium heat. Place dumplings in one single layer, not touching, in the pan. Fry for about 3 minutes until brown.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of water into the pan, and cover it. Steam for 10-12 minutes.