If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rich and chocolatey dessert cake that is also gluten free! —Teresa Ulyate
Serves 6 to 8
- 200 grams dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 100 grams butter
- 2 large eggs
- 60 grams castor sugar
- 150 grams ground almonds
- cocoa for dusting
- fresh raspberries for decorating
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20cm cake tin (preferably springform).
- Break the dark chocolate into pieces and place in a small saucepan with the butter. Stir over a low heat until melted and combined. Set aside.
- Place the eggs and castor sugar in a bowl. Use an electric beater to whisk until thick and pale. Add the chocolate mixture and almonds and gently fold in.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin.
- Dust the cake with cocoa and top with fresh raspberries just before serving.