Author Notes: Rich and chocolatey dessert cake that is also gluten free! —Teresa Ulyate
Serves: 6 to 8
grams dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
grams castor sugar
grams ground almonds
cocoa for dusting
fresh raspberries for decorating
In This Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20cm cake tin (preferably springform).
- Break the dark chocolate into pieces and place in a small saucepan with the butter. Stir over a low heat until melted and combined. Set aside.
- Place the eggs and castor sugar in a bowl. Use an electric beater to whisk until thick and pale. Add the chocolate mixture and almonds and gently fold in.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin.
- Dust the cake with cocoa and top with fresh raspberries just before serving.