If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Flour tortillas filled with tender pulled chicken, spicy barbecue sauce, cheddar cheese and fresh coriander. Brilliant weekend food! —Teresa Ulyate
For the barbecue sauce:
- ¼ cups white vinegar
- ¼ cups brown sugar
- ¼ cups Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cups tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
For the chicken and to assemble:
- olive oil for frying
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 chicken thighs, skins removed
- salt and pepper
- 8 x 20cm soft flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- handful coriander, finely chopped
- sour cream to serve
- Place all of the barbecue sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Heat some olive oil in a deep frying pan. Sauté the red onion, paprika and cumin together for a three minutes. Add the chicken thighs and season with salt and pepper. Toss the chicken to coat in the spices.
- Transfer the contents of the saucepan to an ovenproof dish. (Try and use one that allows the chicken to fit snugly in a single layer.) Pour the barbecue sauce over the chicken.
- Cover the oven dish with foil and bake for one hour. Transfer the chicken to a chopping board. Take the chicken off the bone and shred. Place the shredded chicken in a bowl. Add one cup of the barbecue sauce from the oven dish and mix well.
- Spread the barbecue chicken over four flour tortillas. Add a sprinkling of cheddar cheese and chopped coriander. Place another tortilla on top of each one.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Dry fry each tortilla for a minute on each side. Cut into wedges and serve immediately with some sour cream.