If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This easy-to-assemble, seasonal salad is perfect when you need lunch on the go! Packed with protein, healthy fat, and antioxidant rich pomegranate seeds, this autumn-inspired salad is sure to keep your body fueled through the afternoon. Free free to prep the ingredients the night before, and have a tasty + healthy lunch waiting for you in the fridge the next day! —Simple Green Smoothies
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash, roasted
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup chickpeas, canned
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups kale, cut into ribbons
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 4 tablespoons Herb Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
For Herb Vinaigrette
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Have two quart size canning jars ready. Before assembling jars, place kale in a bowl or strainer. Gently squeeze or massage the kale to soften it.
- Layer in jars in this order starting from the bottom and working up: -1 cup butternut squash -½ cup cooked chickpeas -½ cup cooked quinoa -2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds -1 cup kale ribbons -2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Mix ingredients for vinaigrette together in a small bowl.
- To serve, add the dressing to the jar, close the lid tightly, and gently turn the jar over to coat the ingredients with the dressing. Open and eat.