If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tamari, the deeper flavored cousin of soy sauce, goes splendidly with toasted almonds. Each handful will satisfy a craving for a salty, crunchy snack. One batch is enough for the whole week, but feel free to make several batches to keep on hand for an easy, nourishing snack. —Simple Green Smoothies
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- Preheat oven to 350°Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place almonds in a mixing bowl and pour Tamari over the top. Stir well. The almonds will start to absorb the Tamari, but some may remain in the bottom of the bowl. Spread almonds on the baking sheet and drizzle any remaining Tamari over the top. It will all be absorbed as the almonds are toasting.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. The almonds will be dry to the touch and golden when they are finished. Let cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Store in airtight containers until ready to eat.
- VARIATIONS: Sweet: 1 cup raw almonds, 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, pinch sea salt or Spicy: 1 cup raw almonds, 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice, pinch each: cayenne and sea salt Note: All three variations work great with cashews too.
More Great Recipes: