If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: To make this Hazelnut Hot Chocolate Green Smoothie extra decadent, we suggest topping it with thick coconut cream (the canned kind) and a good sprinkling of chopped hazelnuts and the tiniest sprinkle of cacao powder. And you'll be set. It truly tastes like Nutella in green smoothie form. —Simple Green Smoothies
- 2 cups spinach, fresh
- 2 cups almond or coconut milk, warmed
- 1 ripe pear, peeled and cored
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 4 medjool dates or 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2-4 tablespoons cacao powder, to taste, use more for a dark chocolate flavor
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL: whipped coconut cream and chopped hazelnuts for topping
- Blend spinach and almond or coconut milk until smooth.
- Next add the remaining ingredients, except whipped coconut cream and garnishes. If using a high speed blender, start blending again on low speed working up to high speed. Allow to blend for 3-5 minutes, or until very hot. If using a regular blender, blend until smooth and heat gently on the stove or transfer to mugs and heat in microwave.