If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 teaspoons RawSpiceBar’s Paella Spices
- 1 cup short-grain brown rice
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 3/4 cup crushed tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and halved
- 3 artichoke hearts, sliced (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Bring 3 cups of water and a hefty pinch of salt to a boil, add the rice, and cook for about about 20 minutes, or until the rice begins to soften. Drain and set aside. (Par-boiling the brown rice speeds up the overall cooking time.)
- Combine RawSpiceBar’s Paella Spices and 3 tablespoons of warm water in a small bowl and set aside. Bring the broth to a simmer, then reduce the heat and keep at a low simmer until needed.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet, and sauté the onions until soft and fragrant. Add the garlic slices and peppers. Cook until soft, about 7 minutes. Mix in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, RawSpiceBar’s Paella Spices (along with the water), and season generously with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Let it cook for a few minutes.
- Make sure to have your vegetable broth simmering nearby. Fold in the green beans, artichoke slices, and chickpeas. Then stir in the par-boiled, drained rice. Ladle the simmering broth over the rice. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has evaporated. A few minutes before the rice is fully cooked, scatter the peas over top. Sprinkle with parsley just before serving. subscribe to RawSpiceBar’s monthly spice box subscription: http://bit.ly/2mwAkzh