If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- RawSpiceBar’s Red Wine Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into a small heavy saucepan, then add pod and wine. Boil over moderate heat until wine is reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes. Discard pod.
- While wine is reducing, bring sugar and water to a boil in a 2-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Boil, without stirring, washing down any sugar crystals on side of pan with a pastry brush dipped in cold water, until syrup turns pale golden. Continue to cook caramel, swirling pan, until deep golden.
- Serve warm. Subscribe to RawSpiceBar’s monthly spice box subscription: http://bit.ly/2mwAkzh
More Great Recipes: