If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This pho roast chicken is my spin on Vietnamese pho ga: it’s juicy and aromatic. This roast chicken has all the flavours you expect in a steaming bowl of pho ga but its simplified into a delicious roast chicken. If you love pho ga, you’ll love this recipe. It’s super simple; you just need to rub the chicken with the seasoned butter and let it roast in the oven, no need to base or turn the chicken. For this roast chicken, I also made mashed potatoes and chicken gravy infused with coriander seeds, star anise, shallots and ginger. www.remakewithtea.com —Remake With Tea
- 1 chicken (3 1/2 – 4 pounds), rinsed, trussed and brought to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 shallots, sliced
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees. In a small bowl combine all the ingredients together: butter, olive oil, cilantro, lemongrass, garlic, all spice, salt, black pepper and shallots.
- Place the trussed chicken on a roasting pan or Dutch oven; rub the chicken with the seasoned butter. Roast the chicken until brown and the juices run clear, about 1 hour and 15 mins or use an instant thermometer. Remove from the oven and serve!