If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Shallow fried green chile peppers that are smothered in salt post frying give a hot kick to a Gujarati meal. Salt tempers the heat. —Annada Rathi
- 4 green chile peppers preferably long green chiles as they have thin skin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Heat oil in a skillet. Run a cut with knife along the length of the pepper.
- Shallow fry the peppers till their skin becomes pale.
- Take the peppers out on a paper napkin to remove the excess oil.
- Pour salt on a flat plate and roll the peppers in salt and dust to remove the excess.
- Serve with any Indian meal or a thali.