If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This creamy blend of pesto and ricotta wafts versatility in all of its deliciousness. As an added bonus, it is as close to effortless as one can get! (The secret lies in the golden ratio detailed below.) —Jessica Volz
- 15 ounces ricotta (nonfat or whole milk)
- 6 to 7 ounces pesto (any kind)
- sundried or fresh tomatoes and/or pine nuts (optional garnish)
- Empty a carton of ricotta into a small mixing bowl.
- Add a small jar of pesto.
- Blend together with a spoon and empty mixture into a small serving bowl or ramekin.
- Serve immediately with crostini or grissini. Pesto Prestissimo can also be used as a luscious filling in pinwheels as pictured above. Simply spread a thin layer on a whole wheat tortilla, roll it up without squeezing, wrap in aluminum foil and chill for at least two hours. Using a sharp knife, create one-inch slices. Top with a halved grape tomato or a sun-dried tomato. Buon appetito!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique