If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When life's got you down because you've run out of chocolate-orange infused vincotto, rest assured that an almost hands-off equivalent exists! —Jessica Volz
Makes approximately 1/4 cup
- 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 ounces Dark Chocolate
- 1 splash Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier
- Pour balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan. Bring vinegar to a boil at medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes, or until vinegar has reduced down to approximately 1/3 cup. Remember to stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat, let cool and chill.
- Using a double boiler method, melt chocolate with a splash of balsamic vinegar. Remove from heat.
- Stir melted chocolate into the balsamic vinegar reduction, one teaspoon at a time until the desired taste and consistency has been reached.
- Add a teaspoon of Grand Marnier (optional). Drizzle liberally on your favorite dessert.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe