Author Notes: When life's got you down because you've run out of chocolate-orange infused vincotto, rest assured that an almost hands-off equivalent exists! —Jessica Volz
Makes: approximately 1/4 cup
cup Balsamic Vinegar
ounces Dark Chocolate
splash Balsamic Vinegar
teaspoon Grand Marnier
- Pour balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan. Bring vinegar to a boil at medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes, or until vinegar has reduced down to approximately 1/3 cup. Remember to stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat, let cool and chill.
- Using a double boiler method, melt chocolate with a splash of balsamic vinegar. Remove from heat.
- Stir melted chocolate into the balsamic vinegar reduction, one teaspoon at a time until the desired taste and consistency has been reached.
- Add a teaspoon of Grand Marnier (optional). Drizzle liberally on your favorite dessert.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe