Author Notes: We all love strawberries, but the good, the bad, and the ugly are not created equally. Some are as bland as Styrofoam; others cannot contain their bruising.
Here is my well-seasoned advice on how to revive your berries in a berry effortless way! —Jessica Volz
pound Organic Strawberries, Washed and Sliced
cup Elderflower Cordial (Available at World Market and other specialty stores.)
Sparkling water or sparkling wine
- Place sliced strawberries in a small bowl.
- Douse with Elderflower Cordial.
- Add enough sparkling water or sparkling wine so that the berries are completely covered. Chill for at least two hours.
- Spoon on your favorite dessert or atop scones, biscuits, blintzes or cheesecake. Your guests will be impressed!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe