If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The crunchy, cheesy topping on this satisfying casserole contrasts perfectly with its rich enchilada filling. You will eat this in one sitting, whether you are two people or eight – it is that irresistible. —Our Little Rebellion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 15 oz can enchilada sauce
- 1 15 oz can small red beans, with their liquid
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups broken Salt of the Earth PopCorners
- 2 cups grated Mexican cheese blend
- In a large, deep skillet, warm the oil over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until translucent. Stir in the chicken, enchilada sauce, pinto beans, salsa and corn. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spoon half the chicken mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Using 1 cup, drop spoonfuls of sour cream over the chicken mixture. Top with half the PopCorners and half the cheese.
- Spoon the rest of the chicken mixture into the baking dish and repeat the layers, ending with cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes, until bubbling around the edges and nicely browned on top.
- Serve piping hot.