If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Honey and chili make this dish sweet and spicy with a rich coconut flavor. A handful of Rice Krispies adds extra crunch!
Recipe credit goes to my boyfriend's sister, who added Rice Krispies to her Brussel sprouts first. —Margaret Lynch
- 1 pound Brussel sprouts
- 1-2 tablespoons Coconut oil
- Chili powder or cayenne powder
- 1 handful Rice krispies
- Halve the Brussel sprouts, trimming away the stem tip and blemished outer leaves. Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in a sauté pan or skillet over medium high heat. Place the sprouts cut side down into the hot oil and let them get nice and browned. Flip over and brown other side. Remove from heat.
- Off-heat, drizzle on a tablespoon or two of honey and sprinkle with chili powder (or cayenne or similar hot spice). Add as much or as little as you need to for your preferred level of spicy-sweetness. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir in a handful of Rice Krispies and serve!
- Note: sliced almonds or chopped nuts are also good in this recipe. If you are making a large batch and plan on having leftovers, add Rice Krispies to individual servings, as they will get soggy in leftovers.