If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Avocado snack. These are like onion rings. But these are thicker, more wholesome and more filling than onion rings. —Hidemi
- 2 Unripe avocados
- All-purpose for coating avocado
- 4 tablespoons Rice flour
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 6 tablespoons Water
- Black pepper to taste
- Canola oil for frying
- Slice each avocado crosswise thinly. Remove the skin and seed from each sliced avocado.
- Make batter. In a bowl, mix together onion powder, garlic powder, garlic salt, rice flour, cornstarch and baking powder. Then add water and olive oil to the bowl and mix to combine. Add black pepper to taste.
- Heat enough canola oil to fly avocado slices in a fry pan over medium heat.
- Put enough all-purpose flour to coat avocado slices on a plate. Dredge avocado slices in flour then dip in the batter.
- When the oil gets hot, put avocado slices in the fry pan and fry until both sides are golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique