If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inherently nourishing, unprocessed, and grain free while still maintaining that wonderfully moist and warming ‘banana bread-ness,’ each slice is rich in almond and coconut’s ‘good’ fats, belly filling protein and fiber, and numerous other vitamins and minerals like iron, vitamin E, calcium, and potassium. Best fresh or rewarmed from frozen, we serve ours sliced thick and toasted, topped with warmed nut butter, or served solo as an almost pound-cake like little treat. —Alexandra Dawson
Makes 10 slices
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, divided
- 2 ripe medium bananas, sliced into 1/2" rounds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1//4 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- sliced banana, coconut flakes, hemp seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, rack in the middle.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil and 1 tablespoon maple syrup over medium heat. Add banana and cinnamon and sauté, stirring frequently, until bananas are very fragrant and just beginning to soften – about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Mash well, then allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil, remaining 2 tablespoons maple, almond flour, flaxseed meal, coconut, baking soda, sea salt, eggs, and apple cider vinegar to the mashed bananas. Using a rubber spatula, fold batter until just combined.
- Pour into silicone loaf pan, making sure mixture is evenly distributed, then top with banana slices, coconut flakes, and hemp seeds (optional). I used THIS loaf pan and wouldn’t recommend any other. Bake for 55 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature, slice and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique