If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is simple to throw together and there is no need to fuss with making a salad dressing ahead of time as you simply squeeze fresh lime and drizzle olive oil as the dressing. —Emily
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, large diced
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 1/4 red onion, thinly diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves only
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- salt and pepper
- Heat 1 T olive oil in skillet until bubbling and then saute onion for five minutes or until soft. Add minced garlic cloves, spices and 1 t salt and saute for another 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in the ground beef, breaking it up with wooden spoon until no longer pink, between 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare salad by placing chopped romaine, diced tomatoes, cubed avocados, red onion and cilantro leaves in a serving bowl. drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Pour the taco meat onto the salad, and generously squeeze quartered limes over the salad and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique