If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This month’s kit also includes a hile pepper based Berbere, perfect for adding heat. Lastly, Grains of Paradise is a very special, little known West African spice, famous among chefs all over the world for its uniquely woodsy, spicy, citrusy and warm flavor. It makes a great dry rub on steaks or kebabs or as a marinade for fish and vegetables- or play up the spice’s citrusy flavor and use a lemon vinaigrette for salads. Enjoy this month’s kit and, as always, be sure to tag @rawspicebar or #rawspicebar with your creative cooking! —RawSpiceBar
- 1 packet RawSpiceBar’s Grains of Paradise
- 4 pieces large eggs
- 1 lemon, zest & juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk or almond milk
- Place a large pan on a rack in the center of the oven. Fill the pan halfway with water. With the pan inside, heat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8-inch square or round baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice and butter. In another bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, RawSpiceBar’s Grains of Paradise and salt. Whisk half the flour mixture into the egg yolks, then half the milk. Whisk in remaining flour mixture, then remaining milk. Whip the egg whites until soft peaks form, then fold them in.
- Add batter to dish & place the dish in the pan of water in the oven. Bake until the cake is set, 40-45 minutes. Serve & enjoy! This recipe was inspired by NYTimes Cooking.