If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Creamy dark chocolate semifreddo dotted with crunchy chunks of amaretti biscuits, a dessert lover's dream! —Teresa Ulyate
- 250 grams dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 50 grams castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups double thick cream
- 100 grams amaretti biscuits, slightly crushed
- extra amaretti biscuits for decorating
- cocoa powder for dusting
- Grease a large loaf tin and line with cling wrap.
- Melt the dark chocolate and leave to one side to cool. Whisk the egg whites to soft peak stage and set aside.
- Place the egg yolks and castor sugar in a large mixing bowl. Whisk on high speed for a few minutes until pale and thick. Whisk in the vanilla extract and cooled chocolate.
- Add the cream and whisk until everything is combined. Carefully fold in the egg whites by hand. Lastly, fold in the amaretti biscuits.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top. Cover and freeze until firm (about 4 hours).
- Remove the tin from the freezer just before serving. Carefully turn the semifreddo out onto a serving platter. Top with crushed amaretti biscuits and a dusting of cocoa powder. Slice with a sharp knife and serve immediately.