If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 cup dried unsweetened coconut (preferably unsulphured, can used shredded or flaked)
- 3 cups boiling filtered water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Place coconut in a pan of boiling water, and allow coconut to soak for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Add to blender and blend until smooth
- Place a strainer over a bowl and line with cheesecloth, tea towel or pour into a nut milk bag, and allow the coconut milk to drop down into the bowl.
- Gather the cloth at the top, twist and gently squeeze as much coconut milk from the solids as possible. The remaining coconut pulp should be fairly dry. (The pulp can be added to baked goods and smoothies for extra fiber.)
- Transfer to an airtight jar or bottle and refrigerate until ready to use. The coconut milk will keep 3-4 days, maybe a little longer. Shake before using. The milk will separate into layers. The top most layer is the coconut cream. It can be spooned off for recipes calling for full-fat coconut milk.