If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tickly throat? Cough? Congestion? Any time I feel a cold coming on, I start taking shots of my homemade Rawkstar Tonic (aka: Fire Cider).
—Simple Green Smoothies
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger root, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh horseradish root, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, crushed or chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- apple cider vinegar
- Dice, peel and chop all ingredients into small pieces and toss into a bowl. (If you've never grated fresh horseradish, it can be intense!)
- Mix it all together and scoop into a quart-sized mason jar.
- Pour apple cider vinegar on top of all ingredients until completely submerged.
- Cover with an airtight lid. (You can place a piece of parchment paper under the lid to keep the vinegar from touching the metal, or use a plastic lid if you have one.)
- Shake well.
- Store in a dark, cool place for a month (like the back of a pantry) and shake every few days.
- After a month, pour contents through a sieve to separate the liquid from the solids.
- Pour the liquid that went through the sieve in a sterilized clean jar in the fridge— this is your Rawkstar Tonic. When you feel the onset of a tickly throat, congestion, cough— take a shot glass full of this a few times a day.
More Great Recipes: