If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These cereal squares make a perfect snack for the whole family, and are gluten and refined sugar free. —Teresa Ulyate
Makes 24 squares
- 1½ cups puffed millet cereal
- ½ cups desiccated coconut
- ¼ cups sunflower seeds
- ¼ cups pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cups raw almonds
- ¼ cups raw cashews
- ¼ cups dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
- ½ cups honey
- ¼ cups coconut oil
- ¼ cups nut butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 20cm brownie tin with a piece of plastic wrap.
- Mix the millet cereal, coconut, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, cashews, cranberries and chia seeds in a bowl.
- Put the honey, coconut oil, nut butter, cacao, cinnamon, ginger and vanilla in small saucepan. Stir continuously over a medium heat until everything is combined and you have a silky, runny syrup.
- Pour the syrup into the dry ingredients. Mix well to coat everything in the syrup. Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and gently flatten into an even layer.
- Pop the tray in the freezer until the mixture is firm, about 30 minutes. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container in the fridge.