Author Notes: Melt in your mouth chocolate fudge studded with toasted hazelnuts and sweetened with raw honey, —Teresa Ulyate
Makes: 16 squares
milliliters raw hazelnuts
grams coconut oil
cups raw honey
cups cocoa powder
small pinch of salt
teaspoons vanilla extract
In This Recipe
- Line a 20cm square baking tin with plastic wrap. Toast the hazelnuts in a dry frying pan until lightly golden. Leave the nuts to cool for a few minutes then chop and set aside.
- Place the butter and coconut oil in a small saucepan. Stir over a low heat until both have melted. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the honey, cocoa, salt and vanilla. Whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Set 3 tablespoons of chopped hazelnuts aside. Mix the remaining hazelnuts into the chocolate mixture. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and pop in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tin from the freezer and sprinkle the reserved hazelnuts over the top. Put the tin back in the freezer for a further 20 minutes, or until the fudge has set.
- Cut the fudge into squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.