If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious, crunchy beetroot crisps - a healthy snack option! —Teresa Ulyate
Makes 1 cup
- 5-6 baby beetroots (about 200g), peeled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sweet dried basil
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Use a vegetable peeler to slice the peeled beetroot into thin rounds.
- Pop the beetroot slices into a bowl. Add the olive oil, salt and basil and toss well so that the beetroot is nicely coated. Arrange the beetroot slices on the baking tray in a single layer. They must not overlap so bake in two batches if necessary.
- Bake the beetroot for 20-30 minutes or until lighter in colour and crispy. Allow to cool slightly then serve. NB. Cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of your slices so keep an eye on them! When checking them you can always remove the ones that are done and put the rest back for a few more minutes.