If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: https://rawspicebar.com/blogs/recipes/fleur-de-sel-caramels —RawSpiceBar
- 1 tsp RawSpiceBar's Fleur de Sel
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- Special equipment: parchment paper; a deep-fat thermometer
- Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, then lightly oil parchment.
- Bring cream, butter, and RawSpiceBar's Fleur de Sel to a boil in a small saucepan, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Boil sugar, corn syrup, and water in a 3- to 4-quart heavy saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Boil, without stirring but gently swirling pan, until mixture is a light golden caramel.
- Carefully stir in cream mixture (mixture will bubble up) and simmer, stirring frequently, until caramel registers 248°F on thermometer, 10 to 15 minutes. Pour into baking pan and cool 2 hours. Cut into 1-inch pieces, then wrap each piece in a 4-inch square of wax paper, twisting 2 ends to close.